Important reminder : Even if you have rehearsed similar points many times over, YOU MUST READ THE QUESTION REQUIREMENTS CAREFULLY. SELECT AND TAILOR ONLY THE IDEAS THAT ARE RELEVANT. RELEVANCE IS KEY.
Stand : No
1) Meritocracy – How can it work best to close the gap, and what are some of its pitfalls
2) Taxation – Do we tax those at the top more ?
3) Minimum wage / Living wage debate & arguments for or against the welfare state
4) Unfair terms of trade between countries
5) Who controls technology & innovation wins ! The gap is already too wide, and it just keeps getting wider
6) What we can do is reduce the gap. The extent of reduction depends on the effectiveness of the government, and the determination of the people themselves so that they will do what they can to close the gap, be it in the values they teach their children, or how they run their businesses, or the community projects that support the poor.