http://www.spicynodes.org/a/1539bf5d0101f421c9f6c060aff21bb3 Note : The points raised in the link above have been covered in the handout you received at the start of 2012. Thanks to Qiujin, too for raising some mature points for me add. Click the link to see the updated range of points, update your handout accordingly : ) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why can’t we eradicate a particular problem ?
(1) The problem is deep-seated.
– Problem of human nature
– Problem of long-established systems (historical, cultural etc.)
(2) The definition of the problem poses a challenge.
– By its definition, the problem will definitely exist.
– OR the problem is difficult to define / its definition is hard to agree upon
(3) There is a lack of will solve the problems.
– Are specific parties, especially those in power, benefitting from this problem ?
– Why are some stakeholders not doing enough ?
(4) There is a lack of resources to solve the problems.
– Money ? Manpower ? Time ? Materials ?
(5) Its solutions have flaws.
– Are the solutions ineffectively carried out ?
– Do the solutions only reduce negative effects without getting to the heart of the problem ?
– Are any parties left out ? – Are the solutions only short-term remedies, but not sustainable in the long run ?